I’m absolutely stunned at how this Dale Hawerchuk autographed card turned out. He chose a very nice, blue sharpie to sign this card and the fact it matches his jersey against the red background / patch makes it look really nice. I do have to say I’m thankful that Dale hasn’t reduced his signature, although I’m positive he continues to get many requests for autographs.
Dale, as a player, has achieved tons of success, personally and with a team. He was inducted into the HHOF in 2001 due to these successes.
At this time, Dale is the head coach of the Barrie Colts and has helped the club achieve the playoffs for many years and outstanding regular season success. This year, the Barrie Colts didn’t achieve what they likely intended to accomplish at the start of the season with a 2nd round exit at the hands of the Kingston Frontenacs.
Here is a list of Awards and achievements
Awards and achievements
- RDS Cup (QMJHL Rookie of the Year) (1980)
- Guy Lafleur Trophy (QMJHL Playoff MVP) (1980)
- QMJHL Championships (1980 and 1981)
- Memorial Cup championships (1980 and 1981)
- Memorial Cup All-Star First Team (1980 and 1981)
- Jean Béliveau Trophy (QMJHL Scoring Champion) (1981)
- QMJHL First Team All-Star (1981)
- Michel Brière Memorial Trophy (QMJHL Player of the Year) (1981)
- Stafford Smythe Memorial Trophy (Memorial Cup MVP) (1981)
- CHL Player of the Year (1981)
- Played in NHL All-Star Game 5 times
- Calder Memorial Trophy winner (1982)
- World Championships bronze medal (1982 and 1986)
- World Championships silver medal (1989)
- NHL Second Team All-Star Centre (1985)
- Canada Cup Championships (1987 and 1991)
- First NHL player to reach 1000 career NHL games before age 31
- Inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame in 2001
- “Honoured Member” of the Manitoba Hockey Hall of Fame
- Inducted into the Buffalo Sabres Hall of Fame in 2011
- On April 5, 2007, Hawerchuk was inducted into the Phoenix Coyotes Ring of Honor joining Bobby Hull and Thomas Steen. The Jets/Coyotes franchise retired his number 10 on April 5, 2007. Unlike Hull and Steen, who were honored in Jets colors, Hawerchuk’s number was retired in Coyotes apparel, despite the fact that Hawerchuk never played in Phoenix and all of his time with the team was in Winnipeg.
Gettin’ the auto
I got Dale Hawerchuk’s autograph through the team that he is the GM for, the Barrie Colts. He has signed for me in the past and from my past experiences, will sign again.