Should I send now or later?
Timing is everything.
I’m sure I’ve lost tons of cards in the mail to the fact that I had some poor, poor timing. You’ll want to take note, depending on where you’re sending, of the schedules for each leagues below. I’d typically try and send cards to my players at beginning of the season or where I anticipate they will be for a large majority of the season. Here are some general schedule dates for the following leagues:
- Rookie / Training Camp*: Late August
- Regular Season: Begins Mid – late September to mid March
- League Playoffs: Begins late March
- Memorial Cup: Begins mid May
NHL / AHL:
- Rookie Camp: Early September
- Main Camp: Mid September
- Regular Season: Begins early October to mid April
- Playoffs**: Begins late April
- Offseason***: Varies between late April to mid June